Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thank You, Thank You!

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all who have made efforts to contact me in whatever way that may be. Thank you for the e-mails, comments, notes, etc.! I really do appreciate them! I received my first package from Walla Walla on Monday, and the best surprise were all the notes! So thank you, thank you!

Partial tests are going well. It´s refreshing to only have three periods in the morning and then have the rest of the day off. I did some Christmas shopping on Monday, which was fun to brouse around the souvenir shops. However, testing first graders has been a little more difficult than I expected, especially since English is not their first language. I spend the whole time circling around the room answering the same questions (it doesn´t matter how many times I say something in front of the whole class) as little voices echo, ¨Teacher, like this?¨. Testing is also kind of scary, because I learn if I´ve been teaching them anything or not. At least there´s hope, because a new partial begins next week!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad your package made it. Yay. I am sure you are a great teacher. Try not to base your teaching on their test scores though. Sometimes it just doesn't add up right. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi. Also, I am working on a christmas package. If you have any suggestions or requests let me know. The sooner the better. :) I'm praying for you.
ashley

Antwon said...

Oh you're welcome Andrea!!! Ha!!

mocha4mama said...

The imprint in their young mind's will reflect a caring teacher who helped them learn. The teacher's lessons I remember and keep in my mind are from many years ago, but I can still hear her voice saying, "Good job, I knew you could do it."
We're all so proud of what a good job you're doing.
Rhonda Valet