Thursday, June 25, 2009

Closing Up

Sorry this is really late, but I felt that I should give some closure. The end of the year was great, because I started a reward system in the classroom that worked really well with my kids. Having a quiet, controlled classroom was refreshing! Reflecting on my year, I found that I had become comfortable there. In fact, I wasn't quite sure I wanted to come home! Saying goodbye to my kids was the hardest, especially since I don't think they quite comprehended that I was leaving for good (since I left earlier than some of the other missionary teachers). As I gave them little end-of-the-year goodie bags, one of my kids hugged me around the waist and said, "I don't want nothing from you. I just want for you to stay here!"

When people ask me how my year was, I usually respond, "It was good", which doesn't say a lot, but it's hard to express exactly how it was! It was a valuable experience in which I learned a lot and made life-long friendships. I battled with my fear of cockroaches, traveled around the country, ate lots of cake, and practiced the virtue of patience. Thank you for your continued prayers throughout this year!

No comments: