- All car alarms sound the same
- Bananas and grapefruit are really cheap, so we consume them daily
- Roosters crow at all hours of the day (contrary to my belief that they only crowed a few times in the morning)
- Frogs here are huge (one hopped into the house last night) and sound like video game sound effects
- Sidewalks are narrow, uneven, and sometimes non-existent. Most people walk on the streets anyway
- Pedestrians do not have the right of way, so you have to walk defensively
- Most intersections don´t have traffic lights, and no one pays attention to the ones that do
- Days start early. A lot of people are up and walking around as early as 6:30 A.M.
- Plumbing isn´t the best. Flushing toilet paper is not allowed in a lot of bathrooms (including the ones at home)
That´s all I can think of for now. These are just examples of small observations and changes I´ve seen here.